From the coconutty chicken curry and buttery rice, to the zingy and vibrant veggie side dish, you'll be savouring every bite of tonight's Indian-inspired feast! Did we mention the garlicky flatbreads? They're perfect for scooping up all the deliciousness.
Farmers across Australia are still experiencing the impacts of the recent heavy rains. This is affecting our supply of fresh veggies and as such, you may notice some changes to your ingredients. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
baby spinach leaves
flatbread(ContainsGlutenMay be present Milk, Sesame, Soy)
mild curry paste
roasted cashews(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Sesame, Soy, Peanuts)
caramelised onion chutney
Mumbai spice blend(May be present Gluten)
• In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Add the water and bring to the boil. Add basmati rice and a good pinch of salt. Stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. • Cook for 10 minutes, then remove pan from heat. • Keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam, so don't peek!
• Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Roughly chop tomato. Roughly tear kale leaves, then discard stem. Thinly slice mint leaves and coriander. Thinly slice brown onion. Cut carrot into thin rounds. Pick curry leaves (see ingredients). Roughly chop baby spinach leaves. • Cut chicken thigh into 2cm chunks.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook ginger paste, tomato and a splash of water until tomato is starting to break down, 2 minutes. Add kale and cook until softened, 1 minute. • Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
• In a small bowl, combine garlic paste with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Season, then stir to combine. • Place flatbreads on a lined oven tray. Spread garlic oil mixture on both sides of each flatbread. Set aside. • In a second small bowl, combine Greek-style yoghurt and mint.
• Return frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion, carrot and chicken, tossing, until browned, 7-8 minutes. • Add curry leaves, Mumbai spice blend and mild curry paste and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in coconut milk. Simmer until slightly reduced and chicken is cooked through (when no longer pink inside), 4-5 minutes. • Meanwhile, bake flatbreads until warmed through, 4-7 minutes.
• Stir baby spinach through rice. • Divide rice between bowls. Top with chicken korma curry. Sprinkle over roasted cashews and coriander. • Serve with garlic flatbreads, caramelised onion chutney, tomato-ginger kale and mint yoghurt. • Enjoy!