Made with chargrilled capsicum, sun-dried tomato, Parmesan, basil and garlic, our red pesto adds a rich and piquant depth of flavour to this risotto. Sprinkle with a herby pangrattato for some zing and crunch, and you have a dinner that delivers deliciousness with every mouthful.
Farmers across Australia are still experiencing the impacts of the recent heavy rains. This is affecting our supply of fresh veggies and as such, you may notice some changes to your ingredients. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
vegetable stock pot
Italian herbs(May be present Gluten/Gluten)
flaked almonds(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
red pesto(ContainsMilk, Tree NutsMay be present Egg)
baby spinach leaves
grated Parmesan cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Finely chop brown onion and garlic. • Thinly slice carrot into half-moons.
• In a large frying pan, heat 1/2 the butter with a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. • Add 1/2 the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add arborio rice, stirring to coat. Add the water and vegetable stock pot. Bring to the boil.
• Transfer risotto mixture to a baking dish. Cover tightly with foil, then bake for 20 minutes. • Remove risotto from oven. Stir through carrot and a splash of water. • Re-cover with foil, then return to oven and bake until liquid is absorbed, carrot is tender and rice is 'al dente', a further 5-7 minutes.
TIP: 'Al dente' rice is cooked through but still slightly firm in the centre.
• Meanwhile, zest lemon to get a good pinch, then slice into wedges. • Wipe out frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook panko breadcrumbs (see ingredients) and flaked almonds, stirring, until golden brown, 3 minutes. • Add lemon zest, Italian herbs and remaining garlic. Cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Transfer pangrattato to a bowl. Add a pinch of chilli flakes (if using). Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
• When the risotto is ready, stir through grated Parmesan cheese, red pesto, a squeeze of lemon juice and remaining butter. • Stir through baby spinach leaves until wilted. Season to taste.
• Divide red pesto and veggie risotto between bowls. • Top with almond-herb pangrattato. • Serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!