Turn a veggie soup into a mouthwatering meal by simmering creamy coconut milk with chickpeas and our cumin, paprika and turmeric-laced chermoula spice blend. Just before serving, stir through a trayful of earthy roasted veg, plus greens for an extra pop of colour. Don't forget the roasted cashew garnish for some crunch.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
peeled & chopped pumpkin
chickpeas(May be present Gluten, Lupin, Soy)
chermoula spice blend(ContainsSulphites)
vegetable stock powder
baby spinach leaves
roasted cashews(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Soy, Milk, Peanuts, Sesame)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Soy, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato and carrot into bite-sized chunks. • Place potato, carrot and peeled & chopped pumpkin on a lined oven tray. • Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the veggies between two trays.
• Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. • Finely chop brown onion and garlic.
• In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook onion, stirring, until softened, w3-4 minutes. • Add garlic, tomato paste, chermoula spice blend and chickpeas and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Add the water, coconut milk, vegetable stock powder and the brown sugar. Stir to combine. • Bring to a simmer, then cook until slightly reduced, 3-5 minutes.
• Remove saucepan from the heat. Add roasted veggies and the baby spinach leaves, gently stirring until combined.
• Divide chermoula chickpea and coconut soup between bowls. • Sprinkle with roasted cashews and chilli flakes (if using) to serve. Enjoy!