Pork Belly & Mushroom Jus
with Roasted Veggies & Potato Mash
Succulent pork belly is the best way to add a bit of flare to your weeknight meal. Serve it with a side of creamy mashed potato, sweet caramelised roasted veggies and top it off with an earthy mushroom jus – bon appétit!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
slow-cooked pork belly
vegetable stock powder
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut carrot into thin rounds. Cut red onion into wedges. • Place carrot and onion on the oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast on the top rack until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While the veggies are roasting, bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Peel the potato and cut into large chunks. • Add the potato to the saucepan of boiling water and cook until easily pierced with a knife, 10-15 minutes. • Drain and return to the saucepan. Add the milk and half of the butter to the saucepan with the potato and season generously with salt. Mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
• While the potatoes are boiling, using a paper towel, pat slow-cooked pork belly and wipe off any excess fat until dry. Cut pork into 2cm chunks. • In a small bowl, combine the water, the balsamic vinegar and the brown sugar.
• In a large frying pan, cook pork belly (no need for oil) over high heat (start the pork belly in a cold frying pan to help the fat melt without burning), tossing, until golden, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with the remaining butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Add the balsamic vinegar mixture, vegetable stock powder and the water. Stir to combine and simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir through any resting juices from the steak. Season with pepper.
• Divide the roasted veggies, mash and pork belly between plates. • Spoon over mushroom jus to serve. Enjoy!