With favourite ingredients from the sun-soaked Mediterranean region, this bowl is supercharged with flavour and texture - from the squeaky haloumi and creamy fetta (yep, double cheese!) and perfectly salty green olives, through to the crunchy cucumber and al dente pearl couscous. Bring it all together with some peppery parsley and a good drizzle of our bright pesto dressing.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
creamy pesto dressing(ContainsMilk, Tree Nuts, Egg)
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut sweet potato into small chunks. • Place sweet potato on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. • Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cut haloumi into 1cm-thick slices. • Thinly slice tomato into half-moons. Roughly chop cucumber. • Thinly slice red onion (see ingredients). Finely chop parsley leaves. Finely chop garlic. • In a small bowl, combine creamy pesto dressing with a splash of water.
• In a medium saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook pearl couscous and garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add the water, currants and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to medium, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until couscous is tender and water is absorbed, 10-12 minutes. • Stir through roasted sweet potato, 1/2 the parsley and 1/2 the green olives.
• While the couscous is cooking, combine tomato, cucumber, onion and remaining olives in a medium bowl. • Add a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. • Crumble in fetta cubes, then stir to combine.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • When oil is hot, cook haloumi until golden, 1-2 minutes each side.
• Divide sweet potato couscous between bowls. • Top with fetta salad and haloumi. • Drizzle with creamy pesto dressing. • Garnish with remaining parsley to serve. Enjoy!