Give hearty lentils a boost of flavour by cooking them with a good dose of garlic, plus juicy sweetcorn and our crowd-pleasing Tex-Mex spice blend. The result is your new favourite filling for jacket potatoes. Comfort on a plate!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
vegetable stock powder
mixed salad leaves
light sour cream(ContainsMilk)
Tex-Mex spice blend(May be present Gluten)
shredded Cheddar cheese(ContainsMilk)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Cut each potato in half. • Place each halved potato on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Arrange cut-side down. • Roast until crisp and tender, 40-45 minutes.
• Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. Roughly chop tomato. Grate the carrot. • Drain the sweetcorn. Drain and rinse lentils.
• When the potatoes have 10 minutes remaining, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook carrot and sweetcorn, stirring, until just tender, 3-4 minutes. • SPICY! This is a mild spice blend, but use less if you're sensitive to heat! Add Tex-Mex spice blend, tomato paste and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
• Stir in lentils, vegetable stock powder, the water and the brown sugar. Simmer until slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes. • Season to taste, then remove from heat.
• Just before serving, combine mixed salad leaves, tomato and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. • Season to taste.
• Divide jacket potatoes and garden salad between plates. • Top potatoes with Mexican lentils, shredded Cheddar cheese and light sour cream to serve. Enjoy!