In this fragrant dish, the soy and sesame-spiked chilli jam works a treat on the tender tofu - creating a gorgeous glaze that will leave even tofu naysayers wanting more.
Farmers across Australia are still experiencing the impacts of the recent heavy rains. This is affecting our supply of fresh veggies and as such, you may notice some changes to your ingredients. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
sesame seeds(ContainsSesameMay be present Tree Nuts, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Soy)
Japanese tofu(ContainsGluten, SoyMay be present Peanuts, Sesame)
soy sauce(ContainsGluten, Soy)
• In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Cook ginger paste until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add the water and a generous pinch of salt, then bring to the boil. • Add jasmine rice. Stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. • Cook for 12 minutes, then remove from heat. Keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam, so don't peek!
• Meanwhile, cut Japanese tofu into 2cm chunks. • Finely chop garlic. • Trim green beans. Roughly chop Asian greens. • Thinly slice long chilli (if using).
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook tofu, tossing, until browned, 4-5 minutes.
• Add chilli jam, the soy sauce, sesame seeds, 1/2 the garlic and a splash of water to the pan. • Toss tofu to coat, then simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
• Wipe out frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook green beans, tossing, until just tender, 3-4 minutes. • Add Asian greens and cook, tossing, until just tender and wilted, 2 minutes. • Add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season to taste.
• Divide ginger rice between bowls. Top with garlicky greens and chilli jam tofu. • Garnish with crispy shallots and chilli. • Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise. Enjoy!