Seared Lemon Chicken & Creamy Caper Dill Sauce
with Roast Veggies & Prosciutto
Anyone can whip up this gourmet feast even if you're a beginner chef. When you've got seared chicken, our very own caper-dill sauce and prosciutto roast veggies, you'll be a professional chef in no time.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
light cooking cream
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut sweet potato and zucchini into bite-sized chunks. Cut red onion into wedges. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Roast until slightly tender, 20 minutes. • Trim the woody ends (about 3cm) off the asparagus. Roughly chop prosciutto. • Remove the tray from the oven and add asparagus, prosciutto and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to combine, return to the oven and roast until tender, 5-10 minutes.
TIP: If the veggies don't fit in a single layer, spread the veggies across two trays!
• While the veggies are roasting, finely chop garlic. • Zest lemon (to get a generous pinch) and cut into wedges. • Roughly chop dill and capers.
• Place your hand flat on top of each chicken breast and use a sharp knife to slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • In a medium bowl, combine lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice, half of the garlic, Italian herbs, a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Add the chicken steaks, turning to coat.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken steaks and cook until cooked through, 3-6 minutes each side (depending on thickness). Transfer to a plate to rest and cover to keep warm.
TIP: The chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink inside.
• Wipe out and return frying pan to medium-high heat with the butter. Add remaining garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add light cooking cream, capers and dill, stirring to combine. Simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Season to taste.
• Slice the chicken. • Divide the roast veggies and prosciutto between plates. Top with the seared lemon chicken. • Spoon over the creamy caper dill sauce. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!