When you top American-spiced roast potato and cauliflower with a Dijon and Parmesan-laced cream sauce, you can't go wrong. Add the finishing touch with a thyme and chilli panko crust, plus a simple pear salad for a touch of sweetness and tang.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
vegetable stock powder
light cooking cream(ContainsMilk)
mixed salad leaves
flaked almonds(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
All-American spice blend(ContainsSulphitesMay be present Gluten)
grated Parmesan cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato and cauliflower into bite-sized chunks. • Place prepped veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with All-American spice blend and season with pepper. Toss to coat. • Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the veggies between two trays.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice red onion. • Finely chop garlic. Pick thyme leaves. • In a medium bowl, combine a generous drizzle of olive oil, the thyme, panko breadcrumbs (see ingredients) and a pinch of chili flakes (if using). Season with pepper.
• When the veggies have 10 minutes remaining, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with the butter and a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes. • Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Remove pan from heat. Add Dijon mustard, vegetable stock powder, light cooking cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Season to taste.
• Add roasted potato and cauliflower to the pan. • Stir to coat, then transfer gratin mixture to a baking dish. • Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumb mixture. • Bake gratin until golden, 5-7 minutes.
• While the gratin is baking, thinly slice pear into wedges. • In a medium bowl, combine the honey and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Season, then add pear and mixed salad leaves. Toss to coat.
• Divide potato, cauliflower and thyme gratin and pear salad between plates. • Sprinkle with flaked almonds to serve. Enjoy!