From the sweet and savoury miso glaze on the tender Japanese tofu, to the buttery garlic rice and crisp sautéed veggies, this vibrant dish delivers the perfect balance of flavours and textures.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
mixed sesame seeds(ContainsSesameMay be present Gluten, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Soy)
Japanese tofu(ContainsSoy, GlutenMay be present Peanuts, Sesame)
Japanese dressing(ContainsSoy, Sesame)
rice wine vinegar
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
water (for the rice)
water (for the glaze)
sesame oil (optional)(ContainsSesame)
• Finely chop garlic. • In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with a dash of olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add basmati rice, the water (for the rice) and a generous pinch of salt. Stir, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat. • Keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam, so don't peek!
• While the rice is cooking, trim baby broccoli and cut into thirds, slicing any thicker stalks in half. Thinly slice carrot into half-moons. • Thinly slice cucumber into half-moons. Thinly slice long chilli (if using). Set aside. • Cut Japanese tofu into 2cm cubes. • In a small bowl, combine miso paste (see ingredients), the rice wine vinegar, the brown sugar, water (for the glaze) and mixed sesame seeds. • In a second small bowl, combine Japanese dressing and mayonnaise.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook baby broccoli and carrot with a dash of water, tossing occasionally, until tender, 5-6 minutes. • Season veggies with salt. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
• Return frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook tofu, tossing, until golden, 2 minutes. • Add miso glaze and cook, stirring, until tofu is well coated and glaze is slightly thickened, 1 minute.
• When the rice is ready, stir through sesame oil (if using).
• Divide garlic rice between bowls. • Top with miso-glazed tofu, cucumber, baby broccoli and carrot. • Dollop over the Japanese mayo. Sprinkle with chilli to serve. Enjoy!