Is there anything better than a juicy beef burger? We’ve loaded ours with melted cheese, caramelised onion and peppery greens to make every bite a delight! The secret ingredient is peppercorn aioli, which gives a delicious creaminess plus a gentle kick of heat. You're welcome!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
garlic & herb seasoning
bake-at-home burger buns(ContainsEgg, Gluten, Milk, SoyMay be present Tree Nuts, Sesame, Lupin)
spinach & rocket mix
shredded Cheddar cheese(ContainsMilk)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into fries. Place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the fries between two trays.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice brown onion. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and a splash of water. Mix well. Cook until dark and sticky, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
• While the onion is cooking, thinly slice tomato. • Lightly crush black peppercorns (see ingredients) with a mortar and pestle or in their packet using a rolling pin. • In a second small bowl, combine garlic aioli and crushed peppercorns.
Little cooks: Have a go at crushing the peppercorns and combining the ingredients for the aioli.
• In a large bowl, combine beef mince, garlic & herb seasoning, the egg and fine breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. • Shape the mixture into evenly sized patties (one per person) slightly larger than a burger bun.
TIP: Make a shallow indent in the centre of each patty to prevent it from puffing up as it cooks. Little cooks: Join the fun by combining the ingredients and shaping the mixture into patties!
• Wipe out frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot, cook patties until just cooked through, 4-5 minutes each side. • In the last 1-2 minutes of cook time, sprinkle shredded Cheddar cheese over patties, then cover with a lid so the cheese melts. • Meanwhile, place bake-at-home burger buns on a wire rack in the oven. Bake until heated through, 3 minutes.
• Slice burger buns in half. • Spread each bun with a layer of peppercorn aioli. Top with a garlic and herb beef patty, tomato slices, caramelised onion and a handful of spinach & rocket mix. • Divide burgers between plates. Serve with fries and remaining peppercorn aioli.
Little cooks: Take the lead and help build the burgers!