This rich, creamy risotto comes together in the oven, leaving you free to create a quick and flavourful brown butter to stir through at the end. This easy addition takes this vegetarian meal to the next level – taste it and see!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
garlic & herb seasoning
vegetable stock pot
pine nuts(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
grated Parmesan cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Peel and chop butternut pumpkin into bite-sized chunks. Finely chop brown onion and garlic. Cut zucchini into small chunks. Zest lemon to get a generous pinch, then cut into wedges. Set aside. • Place pumpkin on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. • Roast until tender and lightly charred around the edges, 25-30 minutes.
• While the pumpkin is roasting, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook onion and zucchini until softened, 3-4 minutes. • Add garlic and garlic & herb seasoning and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the water, the salt, arborio rice and vegetable stock pot. • Bring to the boil, then remove from heat.
• Transfer risotto to a baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. • Bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is 'al dente', 24-28 minutes.
TIP: 'Al dente' rice is cooked through but still slightly firm in the centre.
• When the risotto has 5 minutes remaining, thinly slice sage leaves. • Wash out frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with the butter. Cook until foaming and slightly browned, 1-2 minutes. • Add sage and lemon zest and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Set aside.
• Thinly slice silverbeet. • When the risotto is ready, stir through sage brown butter, silverbeet and some grated Parmesan cheese (reserve some for garnish!) until cheese is melted and silverbeet is wilted. • Gently stir through roasted pumpkin.
TIP: Add a splash of water to loosen the risotto, if needed.
• Divide baked pumpkin and Parmesan risotto between bowls. • Squeeze over some lemon juice. • Sprinkle with pine nuts and reserved Parmesan. • Serve with any remaining lemon wedges.