Seared Steak & Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
with Parsley Mash & Baby Broccoli
Nothing can beat the juiciness of a good steak, cooked just the way you like. We think we can make it even better by adding a zapof taste with a peppercorn sauce combined with cream and a parsley mash potato, because you really can’t have steak without a bit of mash on the side.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 30g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
Premium Sirloin Tip
light cooking cream
chicken-style stock powder
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Peel potato and cut into large chunks. • Finely chop parsley leaves. • Cook potato in the boiling water until easily pierced with a knife, 10-15 minutes. Drain and return to the saucepan. • Add the butter, the milk, the salt and parsley, then mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
• See Top Steak Tips' (below). Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Season premium sirloin tip all over and add to hot pan. Sear until browned, 1 minute on both sides. • Transfer to a lined oven tray and roast for 17-22 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. • Remove from oven and cover with foil to rest for 10 minutes.
TIP: The meat will keep cooking as it rests!
• While the steak is roasting, trim baby broccoli and slice lengthways in half. • Finely chop garlic. • Lightly crush black peppercorns (see ingredients) using a pestle and mortar or in their sachet using a rolling pin.
• Return frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add baby broccoli and a dash of water and cook, tossing, until just tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add half the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
• While the steak is resting, return pan to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add crushed peppercorns and remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Reduce heat to medium, add a dash of water and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add light cooking cream and chicken-style stock powder and cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir through any steak resting juices.
• Slice premium sirloin tip. • Divide the steak, potato mash and garlic baby broccoli between plates. • Pour over the creamy peppercorn sauce to serve. Enjoy!