Italian Beef & Cauli-Potato Topped Pie
with Mushroom, Spinach & Parmesan
This one is in a league of its own. We've taken your favourite parts of a ragu, switched out the standard topping for a cauli-potato mash and whipped it all up just like a shepherd's pie. All that is left, is for you to try this tasty concoction!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 30g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
garlic & herb seasoning
chicken-style stock powder
baby spinach leaves
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cut cauliflower into small florets. Peel potato and cut into large chunks. • Cook cauliflower and potato in the boiling water until easily pierced with a knife, 12-15 minutes. • Drain and return to the pan. Add the milk, half the butter and a generous pinch of salt. Mash until smooth and cover to keep warm.
TIP: Save time and get more fibre by leaving the potato unpeeled!
• While the veggies are cooking, pick and finely chop rosemary leaves.
TIP: Run your fingers down the rosemary stalk to remove the leaves easily.
• Preheat grill to high. Heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook sliced mushrooms, stirring until tender, 3-4 minutes. • Add beef mince and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until just browned, 4-5 minutes.
• Reduce heat to medium, then add tomato paste, rosemary and garlic & herb seasoning and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add chicken-style stock powder, the water, the brown sugar and the remaining butter and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Remove from heat and stir in baby spinach leaves until wilted.
• Transfer filling to a baking dish and spread evenly with cauli-potato mash. • Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Season with pepper. • Grill pie until the top is lightly golden, 5-10 minutes.
• Divide the Italian beef and cauli-potato topped pie between plates to serve. Enjoy!