No-one will want to miss dinner when this irresistible plant-based pie is on the menu! With a saucy Mumbai-spiced mushroom filling, smooth almond-topped mash and a crisp garden salad, it’s humble home cooking at its finest.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
baby spinach leaves
vegetable stock powder
flaked almonds(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
mixed salad leaves
Mumbai spice blend(May be present Gluten)
white wine vinegar
• Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. • Peel potato and cut into large chunks. • Cook potato in the boiling water until easily pierced with a knife, 12-15 minutes. • Drain and return to saucepan. Add the plant-based butter and the plant-based milk, then season generously with salt. Mash until smooth.
• Meanwhile, finely chop brown onion and garlic. • Thinly slice cucumber into half-moons. • Grate carrot. • Trim green beans.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook green beans and sliced mushrooms until just browned, 5-6 minutes. • Add carrot and cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste, Mumbai spice blend and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add baby spinach leaves, vegetable stock powder, coconut milk and a splash of water and cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Season to taste.
• Preheat grill to high. • Transfer filling to a baking dish. Spread mash on top using the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with flaked almonds. • Grill until golden, 8-10 minutes.
TIP: Grills cook fast, so keep an eye on the pie!
• While the pie is grilling, combine a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil in a medium bowl. • Season, then add cucumber and mixed salad leaves. • Toss to combine.
• Divide Indian-spiced mushroom and veggie pie between plates. • Serve with garden salad. Enjoy!