Double Sichuan-Glazed Roast Lamb Rump
with Creamy Slaw & Crispy Shallots
It's roast lamb, but not as you know it! We're using our mild, yet flavourful Sichuan garlic paste to lift succulent lamb rump to new heights. A classy side of creamy slaw with crispy shallots is all that's needed to create a meal fit for a pro!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
shredded cabbage mix
baby spinach leaves
Sichuan garlic paste
(Contains Fish, Gluten, Sesame, Soy, Wheat;)
Not included in your delivery
vinegar (white wine or rice wine)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Lightly score lamb rump fat in a 1cm criss-cross pattern. Season lamb rump all over and place, fat-side down, in a large frying pan. • Place pan over medium heat and cook undisturbed until golden, 10-12 minutes. • Increase the heat to high and sear lamb on all sides for 30 seconds.
TIP: Starting the lamb in a cold pan helps the fat melt without burning. TIP: Cook lamb in batches for the best results.
• Transfer lamb, fat-side up, to a lined oven tray. • Roast for 15-20 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
TIP: Spread lamb over two oven trays if your tray is getting crowded.
• Remove lamb from oven and top with Sichuan garlic paste. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
TIP: The lamb will keep cooking as it rests!
• While lamb is resting, roughly chop cucumber. Finely chop garlic. • Wipe out frying pan and return to medium heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. • Cook garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer garlic oil to a large bowl.
• To the bowl with the garlic oil, add mayonnaise and a drizzle of the vinegar. Mix to combine. • Add shredded cabbage mix, cucumber and baby spinach leaves, tossing to combine. Season to taste.
• Slice Sichuan-glazed roast lamb. • Divide creamy slaw and lamb between plates. Spoon over any resting juices. • Garnish with crispy shallots to serve. Enjoy