Roasted sweet potato and baby spinach join tender chicken in a mild, creamy curry that's a delight for the senses. We've also added zingy ginger and cooling yoghurt to deliver a meal that's sure to be a new favourite.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
light cooking cream(ContainsMilk)
baby spinach leaves
Mumbai spice blend(May be present Gluten)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
• Preheat oven to 240°/220°C fan-forced. • Cut sweet potato into bite-sized chunks. Place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. • Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the sweet potato between two trays.
Little cooks: Help toss the sweet potato!
• Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. • Cut chicken thigh into 2cm chunks.
• Boil the kettle. • Half-fill a medium saucepan with the boiled water. • Add basmati rice and a pinch of salt, then cook, uncovered, over high heat until tender, 12 minutes. • Drain, then cover to keep warm.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Cook chicken, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through (when no longer pink inside), 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. • Return pan to medium-high heat with another drizzle of olive oil, if needed. Cook ginger paste (see ingredients), garlic, tomato paste and Mumbai spice blend, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the water, light cooking cream, the brown sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
• Remove from heat, then return chicken (plus any resting juices!) to the pan. • Add the butter, baby spinach leaves and roasted sweet potato. Cook, stirring, until combined and spinach is wilted, 1 minute. Season to taste.
• Divide basmati rice between bowls. Top with creamy Indian chicken curry. • Dollop over Greek-style yoghurt to serve. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Add the finishing touch by dolloping over the yoghurt!