Classic Roasted Lamb & Balsamic Sauce
with Garlic Veggie Mash & Tomato Salad
Our test kitchen erupted in cheers when this roast lamb was plated up. We couldn't keep this one to ourselves for much longer, when the garlic veggie mash, tomato salad and balsamic lamb tastes this good!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 30g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
mixed salad leaves
Aussie spice blend
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Boil the kettle. In a small bowl, combine Aussie spice blend and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Season. • Lightly score lamb rump fat in a 1cm criss-cross pattern. Season lamb rump all over and place, fat-side down, in a large frying pan. • Place pan over medium heat and cook undisturbed until golden, 10-12 minutes. • Increase the heat to high and sear lamb rump on all sides for 30 seconds.
TIP: Starting the lamb in a cold pan helps the fat melt without burning.
• Transfer lamb, fat-side up, to a lined oven tray. Brush spice blend mixture over lamb. • Roast for 15-20 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. • Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
TIP: The lamb will keep cooking as it rests!
• While lamb is roasting, half-fill a large saucepan with boiling water, then add a generous pinch of salt. • Peel potato and carrot and cut into large chunks. Roughly chop tomato. Peel garlic.
TIP: Save time and get more fibre by leaving the potato unpeeled.
• Cook potato, carrot and garlic cloves in the boiling water until easily pierced with a fork, 12-15 minutes. • Drain, then return to saucepan. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt. • Mash until smooth, then cover to keep warm.
• While the lamb is resting, wipe out frying pan and return to medium heat. • Cook the brown sugar, the balsamic vinegar and a splash of water until slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat, then stir through the butter and any lamb resting juices. Season to taste. • In a medium bowl, combine tomato, mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of the white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season.
• Slice lamb. • Divide veggie mash, classic roasted lamb and tomato salad between plates. • Spoon balsamic sauce over lamb to serve. Enjoy!