Bursting with Indian-inspired flavours, this winner plant-based dinner is comfort on a plate. If you love lentil dhal over rice, wait till you try it on the cheezy baked potatoes. Trust us, it works.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
vegetable stock powder
mixed salad leaves
flaked almonds(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
plant-based coconut yoghurt(May be present Milk)
plant-based shredded Cheddar cheese
Mumbai spice blend(May be present Gluten)
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Slice potato into halves. • Place potato halves on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Arrange so that each potato is cut-side down. • Bake until crisp and tender, 35-45 minutes. • Remove from oven, then carefully turn each potato to be cut-side up. Sprinkle with plant-based shredded Cheddar cheese. • Return to oven to bake until golden, a further 6-8 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the potatoes between two trays.
• While the potatoes are baking, finely chop brown onion and garlic. • Roughly chop cucumber. • Grate carrot. • Drain and rinse lentils.
• When the potatoes have 10 minutes remaining, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook onion and carrot, tossing, until tender, 4-5 minutes.
• Add garlic, Mumbai spice blend and tomato paste. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in lentils, coconut milk, vegetable stock powder and the water. Simmer until thickened, 2-4 minutes. • Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• While the dhal is simmering, combine a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil in a medium bowl. • Season, then add mixed salad leaves and cucumber. • Toss to coat.
• Divide cheezy jacket potatoes and cucumber salad between plates. • Spoon dhal over potatoes. Sprinkle with flaked almonds. Tear over mint leaves. • Serve with a dollop of plant-based coconut yoghurt. Enjoy!