Pop some hand cut SP fries in the oven, dress up haloumi with Italian herbs, caramelise some onions, and consider your burger night sorted! Don't forget to spread some creamy pesto on the buns - it really ties all the lovely flavours together.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
bake-at-home burger buns(ContainsMilk, Gluten, Soy, EggMay be present Tree Nuts, Sesame, Lupin)
creamy pesto dressing(ContainsMilk, Egg, Tree Nuts)
Italian herbs(May be present Gluten/Gluten)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
balsamic vinegar (for the onions)
balsamic vinegar (for the salad)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut sweet potato into fries. • Place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the fries between two trays.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice brown onion. Thinly slice tomato into half-moons. • In a large bowl, combine 1/2 the tomato and 1/2 the salad leaves. Set aside.
Little cooks: Don your goggles and have a go at peeling off the onion's outer layer!
• Slice haloumi horizontally to get one piece per person. • In a large bowl, combine Italian herbs (see ingredients) and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. • Add haloumi, turning to coat.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook haloumi until golden brown, 1-2 minutes each side. • Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
• Return frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar (for the onion), the brown sugar and a splash of water. Mix well. Cook until dark and sticky, 3-5 minutes. • Meanwhile, place bake-at-home burger buns on a wire rack in the oven and bake until heated through, 3 minutes. • Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (for the salad) and olive oil to the salad. Toss to coat, then season to taste.
• Slice burger buns in half, then spread a layer of creamy pesto dressing over the bases. • Top with herby chicken, caramelised onion and remaining tomato and salad leaves. • Serve with sweet potato fries and salad. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Take the lead and help build the burgers!