Busting with crowd-pleasing Asian flavours, everyone will be happily getting their daily dose of veg with this tender tofu dish.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
firm tofu(ContainsSoyMay be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame)
hoisin sauce(ContainsSoy, Sesame)
sesame seeds(ContainsSesameMay be present Gluten, Peanuts, Milk, Tree Nuts, Soy)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, Milk, Tree Nuts, Soy)
water (for the rice)
plain flour (or gluten-free plain flour)(ContainsGluten)
soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari soy sauce)(ContainsSoy, Gluten)
water (for the sauce)
• Finely chop garlic. • In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with a dash of olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add jasmine rice, the water (for the rice) and a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil. • Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 12 minutes, then remove from heat. • Keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam, so don't peek!
• While the rice is cooking, thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Trim and halve green beans. Roughly chop Asian greens. Cut lemon into wedges. • Cut firm tofu into 1cm chunks. • In a medium bowl, combine the plain flour and a pinch of salt. Add tofu, gently tossing to coat.
• In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, the soy sauce, the water (for the sauce), the brown sugar, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1/2 the sesame seeds. • In a second small bowl, combine garlic aioli, remaining sesame seeds and a small splash of water.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook carrot and green beans, tossing, until softened, 4-5 minutes. • Add Asian greens and cook until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
• Return frying pan to medium-high heat with a good drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot, cook tofu, turning occasionally, until golden, 5-7 minutes. • Remove from heat, then add hoisin mixture. Stir, then return cooked veggies to pan, tossing to coat. Season with pepper.
• Divide garlic rice between bowls. • Top with hoisin tofu and veggie stir-fry. • Drizzle with sesame aioli and sprinkle with crispy shallots. • Serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!