Tex-Mex Pork Steaks & Roast Veggie Toss
with Smokey Aioli
This colourful Tex-Mex dish ticks every box. With a warming spice blend plus smokey aioli, a veggie-loaded toss and charred corn, your tastebuds are fully catered for, as they should be!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 40g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
chicken-style stock powder
pork loin steaks
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Egg; May be present: Milk. )
Tex-Mex spice blend
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut sweet potato and carrot into bite-sized chunks. • Cut tomato into wedges. • Drain sweetcorn.
• Place prepped veggies on a lined oven tray. Sprinkle with chicken-style stock powder, a pinch of salt, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. • Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the veggies between two trays.
• In a medium bowl, combine Tex-Mex spice blend, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. • Add pork loin steaks and turn to coat. Set aside.
• When veggies have 10 minutes remaining, in a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • When oil is hot, cook pork until cooked through, 3-4 minutes each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). • Transfer to a plate, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
TIP: The spice blend will char slightly in the pan, this adds to the flavour! TIP: Pork can be served slightly blushing pink in the centre.
• When the veggies are done, add baby spinach leaves and a drizzle of the white wine vinegar to the tray. Toss to combine.
• Slice Tex-Mex pork. Divide spiced roast veggie toss between plates. Top with pork. • Serve with a dollop of smokey aioli. Enjoy!