Mexican-Spiced Chicken & Roast Veggie Toss
with Creamy Garlic Sauce
Let’s hear it for mid-week Mexican! Our Tex-Mex spice blend is all you need to flavour the juicy chicken breast, which works a treat with the veggies and a dollop of creamy garlic sauce. Did we mention this is light on the carbs?
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 40g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Egg, Milk, Sesame;)
Tex-Mex spice blend
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut sweet potato and carrot into small chunks. Cut capsicum into bite-sized chunks. Cut brown onion into thick wedges. • Place prepped veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and the honey. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. • Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the veggies between two trays.
• Meanwhile, drain sweetcorn. Set aside. • SPICY! This is a mild spice blend, but use less if you're sensitive to heat. In a medium bowl, combine Tex-Mex spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil. Season, then add chicken tenderloins. Toss to coat. Set aside.
• Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook corn kernels until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a second medium bowl.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the corn kernels are 'popping' out.
• Return frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook chicken until browned and cooked through (when it's no longer pink inside), 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from heat.
TIP: The spice blend will char slightly in the pan, this adds to the flavour!
• To the tray with roasted veggies, add baby spinach leaves and charred corn. • Drizzle with olive oil, then gently toss to coat. Season to taste.
• Divide roast veggie toss between plates. Top with Tex-Mex chicken. • Serve with a dollop of garlic sauce. Enjoy!