Is there a more perfect partner for salty, squeaky haloumi than sweet and sticky honey? Serve this vegetarian protein on a bed of doughy pearl couscous tossed with Moroccan-spiced veggies and we bet you'll agree!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
chermoula spice blend(ContainsSulphites)
vegetable stock powder
golden goddess dressing(ContainsSesame)
garlic sauce(ContainsMilk, Sesame, EggMay be present Tree Nuts)
flaked almonds(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut cauliflower into small florets. Cut red onion into thick wedges. Cut carrot into bite-sized chunks. Cut beetroot into small chunks. • Place prepped veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with chermoula spice blend and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. • Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide the veggies between two trays.
TIP: Beetroot stays firm when cooked. It's done when you can pierce it with a fork.
• Cut haloumi into 1cm-thick slices.
• Boil the kettle. In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Toast pearl couscous, stirring occasionally, until golden, 1-2 minutes. • Half-fill the saucepan with the boiled water, then add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, until tender, 10-12 minutes. • Drain and rinse couscous, then return to pan. Drizzle with olive oil and stir through vegetable stock powder.
• When the roast veggies have 10 minutes remaining, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • When oil is hot, cook haloumi until golden brown, 2 minutes each side. • Reduce heat to medium, then add the honey. Cook, turning haloumi to coat, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
• Gently stir roasted veggies through couscous.
• Divide roast veggie pearl couscous between bowls. Drizzle with golden goddess dressing. Top with honey-glazed haloumi. • Dollop over garlic sauce and sprinkle with flaked almonds to serve. Enjoy!