These gloriously bright fritters are both crunchy and sweet, and they're offset perfectly by an A-team of golden bacon, tangy sour cream and chilli sauce. This is a crowd-pleasing brunch that will be devoured in record time!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
/ Serving 2 people
/ Serving 2 people
roasted almonds(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
garlic & herb seasoning
mixed salad leaves
light sour cream(ContainsMilk)
sweet chilli sauce
shredded Cheddar cheese(ContainsMilk)
white wine vinegar
• Grate carrot. Drain sweetcorn. Thinly slice spring onion. Thinly slice cucumber. Roughly chop roasted almonds.
• In a large bowl, combine corn, carrot, spring onion, garlic & herb seasoning, shredded Cheddar cheese, a pinch of salt, the plain flour, the egg and the milk.
TIP: Lift out some of the mixture with a spoon, if it's too wet and doesn't hold its shape, add a little more flour!
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook bacon, turning, until golden, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Cover to keep warm.
• Return frying pan to medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. • When oil is hot, add heaped tablespoons of fritter mixture and flatten into patties using a spatula. Cook, in batches, until golden and cooked through, 3-4 minutes each side (don't flip too early!) Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. You should get 3-4 fritters per person.
TIP: Don't flip before the time is up to ensure your fritters can set.
TIP: Add extra oil if needed to ensure the fritters don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
• In a medium bowl, combine a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. • Season, then add mixed salad leaves and cucumber. Toss to coat.
• Divide corn fritters between plates and top with bacon. Dollop with light sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. • Serve with cucumber salad. Enjoy!