Skip the café queue and add some sweetness to brunch time with our spiced sugar brioche French toast. Stack it high with mixed berry compote and candied nuts, then top with yoghurt for a decadent brunch worth savouring.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
/ Serving 2 people
/ Serving 2 people
sweet golden spice blend(May be present Gluten, Milk, Soy)
pistachios(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Soy, Peanuts, Sesame)
pecans(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Soy, Peanuts, Sesame)
light cooking cream(ContainsMilk)
brioche slices(ContainsEgg, Milk, GlutenMay be present Milk, Soy, Sesame, Tree Nuts, Lupin)
mixed berry compote(May be present Milk)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Milk, Soy, Peanuts, Sesame, Tree Nuts)
• In a shallow bowl, combine sweet golden spice blend and the white sugar. Set aside.
• Roughly chop pistachios and pecans.
• In a large shallow bowl, whisk the egg and light cooking cream to combine. Add brioche slices and gently turn to coat. • Set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
• While the brioche is soaking, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. • Cook nuts, the brown sugar, the water and a pinch of salt, stirring, until bubbling and mixture is thickened and darkened, 4-5 minutes. • Transfer to a sheet of baking paper, then spread out to cool.
• Wipe out frying pan, then return to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • When oil is hot, gently remove brioche from egg mixture and cook, in batches, until lightly brown and set, 2-4 minutes each side. • Transfer cooked brioche to spiced sugar and turn to lightly coat. TIP: Add some butter to the pan for extra flavour!
• Divide spiced sugar brioche French toast between plates. • Dollop with Greek-style yoghurt and mixed berry compote. • Sprinkle with candied nuts to serve. Enjoy!