There are few things as easily assembled and uniquely satisfying as fried rice. We’re taking it back to basics with this classic dish and topping it off with a perfectly fried egg.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
roasted cashews(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
Sichuan garlic paste(ContainsGluten, Soy, Fish, Sesame)
soy sauce(ContainsGluten, Soy)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
• Boil the kettle. • Half-fill a medium saucepan with the boiling water. • Add basmati rice and a pinch of salt and cook, uncovered, over high heat until almost tender, 10 minutes. Drain.
TIP: The rice will continue cooking in step 4!
• While the rice is cooking, thinly slice carrot into half-moons. • Trim and halve green beans. Roughly chop Asian greens. • Thinly slice long chilli (if using).
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Cook carrot and green beans until almost tender, 3-4 minutes. • Add Asian greens and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
• Add drained rice to the pan and cook until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes. • Add Sichuan garlic paste, ginger paste, the soy sauce and the brown sugar, tossing, until coated, 1-2 minutes. • Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
• Wipe out frying pan, then return to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • When oil is hot, crack the eggs into the pan. Cook until egg whites are firm and yolks are cooked to your liking, 2-3 minutes.
TIP: This will give a soft yolk, fry for 6-7 minutes to get a hard yolk.
• Divide Sichuan-style veggie fried rice between bowls. Top with fried egg. • Sprinkle with chilli, crispy shallots and roasted cashews to serve. Enjoy!