From the umami-rich fritters and fragrant fries, to the textural treat of a salad and creamy mayo, this plate is so full of flavour, you’ll be hard-pressed on what to start eating first.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
mixed sesame seeds(ContainsSesameMay be present Tree Nuts, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Soy)
Japanese dressing(ContainsSesame, Soy)
plain flour (or gluten-free plain flour)(ContainsGluten)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut sweet potato into fries. • Place fries on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and sprinkle with mixed sesame seeds. • Toss fries to coat, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is getting crowded, divide the fries between two trays.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice spring onion (see ingredients). • Grate carrot, then squeeze out any excess moisture with a paper towel (this will help the fritters crisp up in the pan!). • Finely chop garlic. Slice apple into thin sticks. Thinly slice pear (see ingredients). Roughly chop coriander. • Thinly slice the long chilli (if using). Drain the sweetcorn.
• In a medium bowl, add miso paste and the egg. Mix well to combine. • Add carrot, sweetcorn, coriander, spring onion, garlic, chilli, the plain flour and the milk. Season, then mix well to combine.
TIP: Lift out some of the mixture with a spoon. If it's too wet and doesn't hold its shape, add a little more flour!
• Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. • When the oil is hot, cook heaped tablespoons of the fritter mixture, in batches, until golden, 3-4 minutes each side (don't flip too early!). • Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
TIP: Add extra oil between batches as needed.
• When the fritters are almost done, combine Japanese dressing, salad leaves, apple and pear in a medium bowl. • Toss to coat.
• Divide miso corn fritters, Asian-style salad and sesame sweet potato fries between plates. • Drizzle mayonnaise over fritters to serve. Enjoy!