Decadent and fluffy, these pancakes are a weekend brunch must. Plus they are topped with the works: caramelised pear and nuts, cream and drizzled with maple-flavoured syrup. Pile them high, pair with your favourite drink and indulge!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
/ Serving 2 people
/ Serving 2 people
pecans(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
hazelnuts(ContainsTree NutsMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
dry pancake mix(ContainsGlutenMay be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts)
sweet golden spice blend(May be present Milk, Soy, Gluten)
brown sugar(May be present Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Gluten, Tree Nuts)
butter (for the pancakes)(ContainsMilk)
butter (for frying)(ContainsMilk)
• Thinly slice pear. Roughly chop pecans and hazelnuts.
• In a large bowl, whisk thickened cream with electric beaters or a metal whisk until soft peaks form and almost doubled in size.
TIP: For the perfect soft peaks, whip until the cream just clings to the whisk or beater when lifted.
• In a large non-stick frying pan, heat butter (for frying) and a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook pear, stirring, until softened, 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add the brown sugar and nuts and mix well. Cook until reduced and sticky, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
• Place butter (for the pancakes) in a large heatproof bowl. Microwave in 10 second bursts until melted. • Add the milk, Greek-style yoghurt and the eggs to the bowl. Lightly whisk to combine. Add dry pancake mix and sweet golden spice blend and whisk until just combined.
TIP: Don't worry if the batter is thick, it makes for fluffy pancakes!
• Wipe out frying pan, then return to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot, cook 1/3 cups of pancake batter, in batches, until golden and set, 3-5 minutes each side.
TIP: Use some butter for frying if preferred.
TIP: Save time and cook your pancakes on two non-stick frying pans if possible!
• Divide pancakes between plates. • Top with caramelised pear and nuts. Drizzle with some maple-flavoured syrup and dollop with whipped cream to serve. Enjoy!