You won't believe how simple it is to make this delicious salad. From the crunchy croutons to sweet caramelised onions and tender chicken, once you’ve got this baby down, soggy supermarket salads will be a distant memory.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed.
bake-at-home ciabatta(ContainsGluten, SoyMay be present Milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Egg, Lupin)
ranch dressing(ContainsEgg, Milk)
mixed salad leaves
grated Parmesan cheese(ContainsMilk)
Aussie spice blend(May be present Gluten)
brown sugar(May be present Gluten, Milk, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Thickly slice carrot into half-moons. Cut tomato into thick wedges. • Place prepped veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. • Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice brown onion. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium, then add the balsamic vinegar, the brown sugar and a splash of water. Mix well. Cook until dark and sticky, 3-5 minutes. • Transfer to a small bowl.
• While the onion is cooking, finely chop garlic. Cut or tear the bake-at-home ciabatta into bite-sized chunks. • Place torn ciabatta, garlic and a generous drizzle of olive oil on a second lined oven tray. Sprinkle over 1/2 the grated Parmesan cheese. • Toss to coat, then bake until golden, 5-8 minutes.
• While the croutons are baking, place your hand flat on top of each chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • In a large bowl, combine Aussie spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil. Add chicken, turning to coat. • Wipe out frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook chicken until cooked through, 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness).
TIP: The spice blend will char slightly in the pan, this adds to the flavour!
TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• While the chicken is cooking, combine ranch dressing and a drizzle of olive oil in a second large bowl. • Add mixed salad leaves, roast veggies and cheesy croutons. Gently toss to combine. Season to taste.
• Slice Aussie chicken. • Divide cheesy crouton salad between plates. • Top with chicken, spooning over any juices from the pan. • Spoon caramelised onion over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan to serve. Enjoy!