Our Fresh IngredientsThe following principles govern how we pick the ingredients for your HelloFresh boxes:
- We try to use as few imported ingredients as possible to protect the environment and help Australian farmers.
- We only work with trusted, local suppliers. All our suppliers are subject to regular quality controls.
- A fair go for farmers: we get as high up the value chain as we can in order to deal directly with small family-owned businesses – too many producers are missing their fair share when it comes to feeding Australians.
- Information: get the skinny on any pre-packaged ingredients we may use here.
- We focus on ensuring that our meals always contribute to a healthy diet.
Our recipes are designed to give you all the energy and nutrients you need for your day, without an unnecessarily high number of calories. A typical HelloFresh meal contains 500-750 calories.Vegetarian
The Vegetarian box includes three tasty vegetarian meals per week. The Classic Box includes one vegetarian meal per week.Meat and Fish
Meat and fish are important parts of most meals, as they supply important nutrients and proteins. When buying meat or fish, we always ensure high quality.Fruit and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables provide us with essential vitamins and other valuable nutrients. Accordingly, they are an important part of our HelloFresh boxes.Carbohydrates, dietary fibre and whole grains
For pasta, rice and other carbohydrate-rich products, we always make sure that there is a high proportion of whole grain. Products with a high proportion of whole grain contain more essential fatty acids and are therefore considered to be healthier.Fat
In putting together our recipes, we minimise the amount of unhealthy fats, and use low fat cooking techniques to retain as much nutrition in your food as possible.Allergies and Intolerances
Unfortunately, we are unable to cater for special allergies or intolerances at this early stage. However, many of our customers who have allergies in the family find that our HelloFresh boxes work well for them. Since HelloFresh boxes only contain unprocessed ingredients, it is possible to omit, or replace, any ingredient that could cause an allergic reaction.Everyday ingredients
The following common household ingredients may be found in recipes, but are not enclosed in the HelloFresh box. As most of these ingredients are used only in small quantities and are commonly available in most households we do not include them.Sauces and Spices
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- White vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Olive oil